Welcome to Perth YA Fans Unite! Make yourself at home, have a look around, and don't be afraid to ask questions at: ya.perth@gmail.com

Saturday 31 December 2011

2011 Roundup!



As the year comes to an end, we thought it would be a fun idea for the Perth YA Fans Unite contributors to share with you a little about their favourite reads of 2011, and what they are most looking forward to in 2012. 

From all of us here, HAPPY NEW YEAR!



Name: Jess
How long have you been blogging: almost 3 years

Favourite 2011 Read: Saving June by Hannah Harrington, Where She Went by Gayle Forman, Five Flavours of Dumb by Antony John

Favourite All-time Book: Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

Most Under-Appreciated Book of 2011: 90 Packets of Instant Noodles by Deb Fitzpatrick, A Straight Line to My Heart by Bill Condon

Most Anticipated Books of 2012: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, Thou Shalt Not Roadtrip by Antony John, Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Which book are you finally going to get around to reading in 2012: Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson, Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness, Psych Major Syndrome by Alicia Thompson
 
 

Name: Marissa Cahill
Blog: Novels on the Run
How long have you been blogging: 18 months

Favourite 2011 Read: Delirium by Lauren Oliver & Everneath by Brodi Ashton (for release in 2012)

Favourite All-time Book: The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan

Most Under-Appreciated Book of 2011: The Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle – I think this SHOULD be published

Most Anticipated Books of 2012: Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson, Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Which book are you finally going to get around to reading in 2012: The Hunger Games Series



Name: Ismé           

How long have you been blogging: 2 Years – as of November ’11.

Favourite 2011 Read: I can’t possibly choose one, but some of my favourites are: Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr, Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks by E. Lockhart and many more.

Favourite All-time Book: It’s really hard to choose, but probably Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. I read it when I was about 9 or so and fell in love.

Most Under-Appreciated Book of 2011: The Shadow Girl by John Larkin. It’s really intense, confronting and something that I think you need to read, just for the experience.

Most Anticipated Books of 2012: The fine art of truth and dare by Melissa Jensen, Dark Eyes by William Ritcher, The Shiny Guys by Doug Macleod – I read The Life of a Teenage Body Snatcher, Macleod’s debut novel, and it was hilarious! Jessica Rules the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey, Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood, Oh let me count the books.

Which book are you finally going to get around to reading in 2012: Hopefully, all of the above and more – I really need to clear out my to-read bookshelf.


Name: Jo-Anne
How long have you been blogging: 2 years in April

Favourite 2011 Read: Umm, I have a few. Like Shatter me, Delirium, Under the Never Sky, Divergent....

Favourite All-time Book: Can't go past any of the Harry Potter books.

Most Anticipated Books of 2012: Cinder, Everneath, the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer + many, many more

Which book are you finally going to get around to reading in 2012: A whole lot!


Name: Lisa
Blog: Read Me Bookmark Me Love Me
How long have you been blogging: 10 months
 
Favourite 2011 Read: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. It feels like a crime that I chose just one. I have so many 2011 favourites! *sobs*  
Favourite All-time Book: My favourite books were all read this year, so…Under the Never Sky plus Cinder by Marissa Meyer, Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, Everneath by Brodi Ashton, Legend by Marie Lu…I could go on for a while ;) I can't decide. Obviously.  
Most Under-Appreciated Book of 2011: Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson and Stay With Me by Paul Griffin  
Most Anticipated Books of 2012: Insurgent by Veronica Roth, Until I Die by Amy Plum, Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare, Of Poseidon by Anna Banks, Struck by Jennifer Bosworth, Storm by Brigid Kemmerer, Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz, The Fine Art of True or Dare by Melissa Jensen and SO MUCH MORE. My 2012 reading list is miles long.  
Which book are you finally going to get around to reading in 2012: Many series such as Dark Swan by Richelle Mead, Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow, Darkest Powers by Kelley Armstrong, Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa, Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr… This tiny list doesn't even cover it. I have a ton of old series to cover!


Name: Casey
How long have you been blogging: Since May 2011

Favourite 2011 Read: Bumped by Megan McCafferty

Favourite All-time Book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling

Most Under-Appreciated Book of 2011: The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson

Most Anticipated Books of 2012: Thumped by Megan McCafferty, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Which book are you finally going to get around to reading in 2012: Cassandra Clare's novels and the Eragon series


Name: Anna
How long have you been blogging: 3 yrs in feb

Favourite read of 2011: a straight line to my heart, protector of the small series, where she went and 5 parts dead (i'm a terrible decision maker) 

Most under-appreciated book of 2011: Triple Ripple by brigid lowry and dare you by sue lawson 

2012 book i'll finally read: on the jellicoe road and the hunger games.


Name: Rebecca
How long have you been blogging: I started blogging on 28th of July 2011.

Favourite 2011 Read: That’s a tough question and I’m afraid I don’t have just one answer! Some of my favourites of 2011 include, Saving June, Anna and the French Kiss, Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour, The Hunger Games, Perfect Chemistry (book 1 and 2), Hunting Lila, and now I’ll stop...

Favourite All-time Book: I don’t think I could choose my all time favourite book, but the one’s I’ve listed above would make it on to the list.

Most Under-Appreciated Book of 2011: A Straight Line To My Heart by Bill Condon – I loved this book and sadly not enough people have read it. I totally recommend you check this out, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!

Most Anticipated Books of 2012: I’m looking forward to SO many books in 2012 and here are just a few of the one’s I’m anticipating, Try Not to Breathe (Jennifer R. Hubbard), Second Chance Summer (Matson Morgan), Isla and the Happily Ever After (Stephanie Perkins) and Anything by Sarah Alderson. I’m not even going to start on the debuts I’m looking forward to because there are just darn too many!!

Which book are you finally going to get around to reading in 2012: If I Stay by Gayle Colman – I know, I know what have I been doing all this time, but I promise I’m reading it in 2012! Also I need to get me some Kody Keplinger, I’ve heard great stuff about her books and not to mention they sound awesome! Oh, and Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles (sob, sob, the last book), which I hope comes out in paperback very soon!


Name: Arielle
How long have you been blogging: about 6 months! 

Favourite 2011 Read: Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella

Favourite All-time Book: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Most Under-Appreciated Book of 2011: ooohh that's a toughie... I really don't know!

Most Anticipated Books of 2012: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

Which book are you finally going to get around to reading in 2012: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for including Five Flavors of Dumb in your list! My aunt and uncle live in Perth (they emigrated from England three years ago), and so I can definitely say that if ever Penguin send me to Australia, I'll INSIST on a trip west!

    Happy new year to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it is an awesome book! Looking forward to Thou Shalt Not Roadtrip too! We'd love to see you over here so fingers crossed. Happy New Year Antony!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...